View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #42 (permalink)
sepp
EcoModding Lurker

the jeep - '02 nissan kingcab
Last 3: 29.07 mpg (US)
i have a new thread on this forum with my second attempt at an improved cap.

can you give me some more details about that epoxy? i was going to buy polyester resin again to do the shapy parts of my new cap, this time to be applied partially on wood and on styrofoam. would epoxy be better, cheaper, more easy? i do need it to be 1mm thick, so it evens out with the alumium plates.

thank you for the other comments, my tires are pretty recent and i don't think i can get much smaller ones without getting new rims aswell.
covering my wheel wells is something i have been thinking, experimenting and working on for a long time and i want to find a solution, the problem is that the wheels stick out of the body, and only the extreme upper part is covered by the fenders, so i can't just slam something on it to close the gaps. i will need to make a complex 3d shaped part.

my first mod was to remove the mud flaps, but a few days later the sides of the pickup were entirely covered with a thick coat of mud (and i don't do offroad or anything) so they are back on unfortunately.

about the height, i actually lifted the pickup! you can't touch the rear height without expensive new parts, but the front can be lowered or lifted by turning a simple bolt underneath the car. and i actually lifted the front so that the chassis is horizontal when there is no load on the rear. otherwise it feels like the entire truck is one big spoiler, creating vacume underneath it.

and i need it to be as high, today i had to take a road where i could hear the rocks and grond flirting with my chassis.