View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
basslover911
Master EcoModder

Silver Turtle - '02 Ford Focus Zx3
90 day: 38.83 mpg (US)
Hey! That was me with the Mazda 6! And yes, I never saw anyone ever hit the mileage that i got from that car- 45mpg in the freeway was the top... till I sold it

Anyway, a few observations. You should place the VG's further up at the edge of the roof, not at the start of the window. This is because you want them at the edge of the turbulent flow, not at the start of the flow (if that makes sense- ie. a little before it starts).

I LOVED my VG's on my mazda, always got comments on the "cool" factor and set the car apart. They held up through anything that I put them on (power washes, automatic drive through car washes, ice, etc). I also LOVED how they kept my rear window clean most of the time.

Now, everybody look out for new testing with my new car (an Audi TT Quattro with 500hp which suprisingly gets 28mpg combined right now, and it has 275 tires in the back! Look out, who says you cant get a super gas saving sports car!

Again, thanks for YOUR testing! It really helps to add to the truth and fakes out there and to me these (NOT the airtabs) are a real gain.