View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 02:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
On Friday I finally decided to get that coroplast. I checked out what the company had to offer, and the 2-3mm thick stuff seemed too flimsy. Unfortunately, the only coroplast that was UV-resistant was the 10mm variety, which is overkill for my Kammback. So, the sheet I got is 5mm thick, which turned out to be stronger than I expected Does anyone know how to protect it against UV? I plan to spray paint it, so maybe 2 layers would be enough protection? (BTW: Is spray paint a good idea with coroplast?). I googled UV-protection foils, but they seem to be more expensive than the coroplast, so I'm not ready to invest into that option.

The 5mm coroplast came in 2m x 3m sheets, so I had to cut it up before putting it in the car. I hope I didn't make the pieces too small to use.

I also got a 1m x 2m sheet of 1mm HIPS, for the wheel discs. And here is my second question: Do I need smooth discs on the rear wheels if I plan to cover them with skirts?

Coming home with the plastic I stopped at a boneyard and bought two central lock motors, for 20PLN/4.50EUR/6.30USD each. That's much better than at a different place that wanted 50PLN per motor. Now, I need to find a way to tap into the fan circuit.

I also stopped at a scrap metal yard looking for aluminum bars to act as reinforcements for the wheel skirts, but they had just gotten rid of everything in the morning Keep looking.

So that's the update, hopefully I'll start working on the Kammy or the grill block today or tomorrow.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread