View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant!

CR-EX - '12 Honda CR-Z EX
Send a message via Yahoo to bluetwo
Auto stop/start makes a huge difference I'm sure. I'm not saying that's the sole culprit but the 5 speed Insights get far better mileage than the CVT models, which don't have that function.

I was sitting at a stop light the other day when this hit chick pulls up in a Mercedes E-class coupe and of course I tried not to stare but still ended up paying more attention to the blonde than the car. That was before the turning lane arrow came on. I had my windows cracked a little and I heard this gnarly cluttering sound for a second then the turbo spools up and off they went as I was just like woah!! Ha ha, I mean it was obvious it was an auto stop/start function but I had to see it in real life to even know about it, which is rare for an auto enthusiast right?

The point is even Mercedes is taking note of how much efficiency they can get out of that concept and have already put it into their cars. Diesels nonetheless and with a little reading I found out that they might even put auto stop/start into some V6 or V8 models, to which I say rock on Mercedes. And why the hell haven't all automakers been doing this for decades now!!?