View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 12:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
ECONORAM
halos.com

ECONORAM - '07 Dodge RAM 1500 QC SLT flex-fuel
90 day: 18.16 mpg (US)

the Avenger - '08 Dodge Avenger SXT
90 day: 27.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
For a 2.4L those hp and tq numbers seem pretty low for these days. The SXT 4 cyl weighs in at 3,405 lbs. Thats absolutely fat for a smaller car like that. Not enough torque to move it along. The AWD R/T comes in at 3,738 lbs. WOW.

This is Chryslers most fuel efficient car right now isnt it? The caliber replaced the neon and only is rated 29 highway, Neons were what, 38 or so?
Yep, I agree with you. I did not know this car was so heavy when we bought ours. We got the SXT with a 2.4L, 17 in alloys, Uconnect, Boston Acoustics speakers (sound very good), a 4sp dogomatic tranny. The dash cooler is okay, but does seem to be more of a novelty. There is a second 12v power plug in the armrest, which has come in handy. Factory tires are too mushy, and so is the suspension when you try to corner at the limit. I suppose dropping some pounds would help there.
I did open up the intake on my wife's car, put AMSOIL in the crankcase, and it will now get 36.9 mpg on the highway (at 65 mph). We did this driving from Ogden, UT to Winnemucca, NV earlier this year.