View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #137 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspera View Post
I just checked my Speedweek pics from a few years ago. The backseat area is solid. Metal is welded to block off every gap including the trunk. Besides the roll cage, there's little else back there except a few fire extinguisher bottles.

The things that I noticed about the Hot Rod Camaro was the *****in' aluminum race seat and the ugly light tan paint of the interior. (Tan does not look good on a white car on white salt.)
aspera,thanks for the heads up.I thought I was seeing some daylight through the back wheel.I'll get new glasses.
I didn't pay any attention to interior shots of the car.They may have ignored aesthetics altogether.
There may be a vision issue involved.I had to wear polarized sunglasses inside my helmet when I ran out there and the blue interior of the CRX made for good contrast between the white on white outside and shaded inside.
They don't run the single black line on the salt and between watching instruments and staying straight on course,it's kinda busy in there.
I can't even imagine 261 mph.I've only been to 145 and that must be like sitting in a rocking chair by comparison.
The tan interior may have been an oversight or may have been intentional for safety's sake.