View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
JackMcCornack
EcoModding Apprentice

Lotus 7/Locost Aero Rebody

An extreme aeromod in progress: a low Cd and low frontal area body to fit over a Locost (scratchbuilt Lotus 7 lookalike). I'm shooting for 100 mpg, got the running gear up to speed and now it's aero time.

Here's what it looks like "stock"; Cd 0.7 roughly. As you can see, it's an all weather car--all the weather gets in the car with you--so I'm looking at a coupe or convertible.

What makes this project interesting is I have about a $2000 body budget. If I had unlimited funds, I'd do something like this Bristol 450 LeMans racer (shown in blue over a red Lotus Seven) of the early '50s (though not so steep on the back because I know better--I have my Hucho and Bristol didn't). But I don't, so I'm looking for as few compound curves as possible, in hopes the bulk of it can be made from sheet materials.

Anyway, I got a bit of a do-over, thanks to a recent burglary, and I'm starting with a clean slate. Suggestions will be appreciated. [EDIT: For example, can anybody tell me how to submit my jpgs as pix rather than thumbnails?]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SnowyArrival.jpg
Views:	4529
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	4762   Click image for larger version

Name:	BristolOverSeven.jpg
Views:	3812
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	4763  

Last edited by JackMcCornack; 11-15-2009 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: Seeking tech advice for posting graphics