View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
JackMcCornack
EcoModding Apprentice

Wrote MetroMPG:

> Before we can offer advice: will you be driving it forward or backward? Just kidding.

Both ways, actually, but backwards mostly when parking.

> But seriously: the location of the cockpit at the extreme rear is going to make this challenging.

Man, tell me about it! The highest point of the car is at 3/4 chord. It would indeed be easier to streamline it in reverse. You can see why my next clean-slate project is a Metro middy.

> How much longer are you willing to make it?

Gosh, I guess I'm willing to make it for another month or two. Longer if I have to.

I have no specific limit for length, but it needs to be a practical vehicle; I don't want the transom run over in grocery store parking lots. It's going to have to be a Kamm back, there's not enough room to make it pointy unless I'm willing to about double the overall length.

Here's a drawing a fellow contributor to LocostUSA.com sent me, it's kinda in the British tradition and I expect it would be an improvement. I doodled a kammback on it. I've some aesthetic limits, but mostly the goal is streamlined and cheap.

PS--please walk me through the jpg posting process. It might be good in the FAQs.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CabinSideMiataV8.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	4764   Click image for larger version

Name:	KammedCabinMV8.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	4765  

Last edited by JackMcCornack; 11-17-2009 at 11:10 PM.. Reason: Trying to figure out how to post pix