View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 12:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
thatguitarguy
Master EcoModder

Maroon Ballon - '98 Chrysler Town & Country LXI
90 day: 26.42 mpg (US)

MaEsTRO - '95 Geo Metro 5spd hatch, 3 cyl
I'm intrigued by the spandex boat-tail, because I've been thinking along those lines myself. I ride recumbent bikes, and those are pretty popular in those circles. With car design it seems like most of the aero features focus on the front, but in the bicycle circles it seems like more results are netted from quasi-boat-tail contraptions. It's easier to feel how effective these modifications are by the seat of the pants, when all the power for the vehicle comes from within those pants.

I hadn't thought about magnets, but that's a great idea. I like the hitch mount, and I've been checking out used hatchback style bike racks for part of the support structure. This will be for my minivan. The reason I drive a minivan is because I have to haul stuff, so I need modifications that won't hinder the access to the hatchback.

I live in the mountains of CO, so I know what you are talking about as far as bad roads and terrain. It really sucks that the days are gone in which you could leave a vehicle out and people would just respect that it's not theirs and leave it alone. But when the "help" that the sheriff has to offer is a suggestion that you stay away from your own property while the pot growing season is on, I begin to wonder what is his cut?? If you leave a vehicle out and something happens to it, you might not get much help...