View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 11:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
dwestmodesto
EcoModding Lurker

There is a guy on the CumminsForum who posted his new front airdam pics yesterday. He put a 10" airdam on the front, below the front fender. Claims to have raised mileage between 3 and 4mpg. I have the same truck, 2004 quadcab 2500 longbed 4wd. I am thinking of doing a similar mod, but with different materials. I was thinking that I could build a spacer between the bumper and the little oem airdam, extending it down about 6 more inches. I would also be able to vent my homebrew cold air intake there. I don't think the ideas of warm or hot air intake work with a turbodiesel. Heat is the enemy of that engine.
Good Luck,
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubbzcummins View Post
I have an 06 dodge ram 2500 4x4 raised 2.5" in the front to be leveled and running 325/55R22 tires. My frontal area is around 38 sq. ft. per my calcs. Looking for ideas for aero mods. Here are my ideas so far: Will eventually be going to a smaller tire size to help lower frontal area some. Thinking of a grill block of some sort but it seems to me that having a somewhat flat surface on the front would raise drag? Maybe a lower front air dam to keep air from going under truck but unshure on looks of this and effectiveness. Will probly block off fog light holes and spaces in front bumper. Also thinking of folding my mirrors back an placing a small mirror on each. With my mirrors being probly 1-1.5 sq. ft. each I could cut this in less than half folded back helping to reduce frontal area some. Give me some pointers along with effectiveness of mod. Thanks.