View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
How's your idle? (Just some idle blabbing)

Just wondering about the rpms and fuel consumption of different engines while idling. Share your data, and please give info on the car and it's engine.

My Peugeot 307sw has a 1.6 liter HDi turbodiesel engine with 80kW (110hp). It idles @ 820rpm when rolling and 740rpm when stopped. When warmed up (coolant temp 80°C/176°F) the fuel consumption is 0.60 lph (0.16 gph) while rolling and 0.52 liters (0.14 US gallons) per hour at standstill.

Above data is from my uncalibrated SGII. Outdoor temperature 18°C/64°F. Electric load: LED DRL's (11W total), ventilation fan (speed 2 of 8), CD player.

I've noticed that the per hour consumption can increase by as much as 10% just by pressing the brake - could this be only from the added electrical load of the stop lights (55W total), or is the brake assist adding a load to the vacuum pump on the engine?

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread