View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 01:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
metroschultz
Master EcoModder

CPT SLO - '93 GEO Metro plainjane
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

SilverHairBeauty - '01 Toyota Avalon XL
90 day: 24.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to metroschultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
What would be on your top-10 for the average motorist (who will probably never really go into the "advanced" stuff).

I agree with Laz's first one: instrumentation.

I'd add: reduce highway cruising speed as a no-brainer with a big payback. For the "average" motorist I might condense the momentum conservation tips into "why are you still accelerating towards that red light?"

True, though the list isn't really meant for the general public. The general public can continue to get their tips from the occasional newspaper or TV item. If you're on this site, you've already demonstrated you're not average (to put it carefully).

The "Average" motorist is not going to invest in extra instrumentation for economy. He may be persuaded to use the on-board stuff.(I've talked two of my co-workers into this, the price of SG turns them off, ie "Do you know how much gas I can get for $170"?)

I would like you to make a printer friendly page for it.
I will print it and put it up in the employee lounge.
If that's not an option for us I will see if I can cut and paste to MS Word and go from there.

I hadn't considered half drive half bike before, good suggestion.
I will have to see where I can park and ride, then I must go buy a bicycle. Everything in time, one step at a time.

Darin and Ben,
Thank You for all you do, I am sure this is your second or third full time job.
Schultz.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to metroschultz For This Useful Post:
beluga (12-31-2013)