View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Varn
Do more with less

OD - '05 Ford Econoline
90 day: 18.64 mpg (US)

Joetta - '86 Volkswagen Jetta Turbo Oil Burner
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.71 mpg (US)

Benzilla - '85 Mercedes Benz 300D
90 day: 28.08 mpg (US)
Hi Ford,
Don't take my word on it. Your vehicle may be different than mine. Air can behave unpredictably when you attempt modifications at home. Others have had good luck with it. Keep trying.

I feel that I must be getting fairly good air flow under the car rather than having it go over the top and around the side. the nose of the car is exceptionally blunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floordford View Post
Varn extinguished an idea i had as i was reading this. My thought was to make a very low air dam on a hinge with a trunk lift shock or two. That way it would be dropped as low as possible for driving. It could scrape and move out of the way over speed bumps but then not do any damage to the unit. Then the shock(s) would push it back into place.

But if it makes too much frontal area to be effective then that ones out the window. Though I seem to recall a Dodge Ram with a huge air dam. Dont know if it worked out for him though.

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe.

The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed.”

Noah Webster, 1787