View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
cmags
EcoModding Apprentice

Scoob - '05 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport SE
90 day: 25.28 mpg (US)
Thanks for the update, dcb. I guess the good "guess" will definitely still be useful as a relative gauge, and tuning it up via tanks will be fine. (By the way, is there any knowledge out there about how consistent even the same pump is at turning off at the same point?) It'll definitely be close enough.

In terms of having this ready by early next week, I understand that wouldn't have been do-able. I just need to decide whether to wait on this or jump on the SG by then. I've got a trip from Atlanta to Boston and back coming up in June and would like to have some sort of MPG meter by then to try to keep my fuel costs under the projected $500 (~$50/tank, baseline of 300mi/tank, 1200mi each way, plus driving around for two weeks visiting friends and family). I'm taking steps to improve my mileage, but the feedback will be key in that.

I'll prob. jump on the SG anyway, but I love DIY's so something like this is right up my alley. The SG has a number of other features that I'm interested in, such as the code reader, and intake temps etc (useful in gauging whether a grill block is overheating the car). If the *duino platform matures enough to be able to be able to string peripherals off it, I'm all for it.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work. I'll be keeping an eye on this project.