View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #1008 (permalink)
honestabe
Work In Progress

Black Knight - '08 Toyota Yaris
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to honestabe
YKYAEM when you just spent the last hour or so pouring over your fuel log data for the last 91 fill-ups that you've logged to date and ended up creating a new spreadsheet page in Excel that analyses the average fuel consumption by month in 3 different ways (average MPG by month over time, monthly average MPG that shows side-by-side comparisons of each year, and the difference in percentage in monthly average MPG from one year to the next). Here's the visual of all that.

YKYAEM when you just passed the 1000th gallon saved over a 20 MPG car mark in my Geo Metro. That's 35063.6 miles logged since I started tracking my statistics shortly after buying my Metro (about 250 miles difference between what I've used today after filling up and what I used before I started tracking my statistics). Bought my car just under 14 months ago and have saved 3.5 times the weight of my car in gasoline, 1003.719 gallons of gas, and $3157.29 in gas. My average fuel economy is 46.18 MPG over the 91 fill-ups I've logged with a best of 53.75 MPG and a worst of 39 MPG. Not bad for a car that cost me only $1300 and runs perfect and is a 9 out of 10 cosmetically (couple small dings and needs new front floor mats since I wore both of mine out).