View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Euromodder- the gas stop was simply on the way to work, and as an added bonus it's at a light where I have to turn left. When traffic's light I can game the green light by waiting until someone else pulls up to it and trips the sensor. Then I start up and drive off through the now green light.

SentraSE-R- I will check the car against GPS, but I'll also have to see if I can figure out how accurate the GPS is being at any given time. The old PLGRs that I used to use would only give information as accurate as they could get, from a 4 digit grid (accurate to within 1km) up to a 10 digit grid (1 m). Today's smartphones whip everything up into a very pretty display, but the user is impossibly far removed from the actual data. How much of that log is hard data and how much of it is my phone making calculations based on spotty satellite readings and Google's map database?

I do trust the car, though. It was very well manufactured and its instruments have been... independently verified by various police departments over the years (a somewhat expensive and time consuming process, and always when I had somewhere that I needed to be in a hurry). Mile markers? I just can't bring myself to use street signs as precision measuring instruments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%