View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucey View Post
It looks very EV1 in that set up!
I try to emulate the best!

Actually it looks like the rear window is already an ideal 15* slope, so no boat tail for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Mod #1: Get those retractable head lights to retract. You will gain significant MPGs.
I looked into it. A new motor is $113 from Rock Auto. I'm not about to go junkyard scavenging for a 20 year old motor either. It'll probably stay like this unless I sell my Porsche wheels

(FS: professionally painted black 15x6 Cookie Cutters, $200! Porsche 944 fitment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Congrats! See if you can get them to do a zero-degree toe front alignment.

fyi - http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ent-17893.html

Also, a partial grille block should be up there on your list of really quick, effective aeromods.

+1 on getting those headlights down. I had an '89 Accord with pop-ups, and you could hear/feel the turbulence when they were deployed vs. hidden.

Welcome to the site & have fun with the project!
Set up the alignment appt for tomorrow morning. Will do the 0*- good idea!

Today I made a partial belly pan that goes back to the front of the front arches. Also made two grille blocks. Will post pics after dinner!

I'm really amazed at how little wind noise there was coasting in neutral at 65mph. Just a little buffeting on the B Pillar for some reason. Tried out a little EOC and stuff today. Fun fun!

Oh, and I sanded a bit and painted the rusty spots. You almost can't tell!

Cheers Tyler