View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
I got the first batch of pictures together.

This is what the package contains. You get:
  • ScanGauge E
  • OBDII cable
  • Velcro strips with adhesive backing (2)
  • Quick start guide
  • User manual

The first thing that I noticed with the SGe was that it has only one port to connect the OBDII cable to. This port is on the back side of the gauge.

This is an image of the back side of a SGII. You can see it has a plug on the back side and also on the right side of the gauge. This does allow a bit more flexibility when choosing where to mount the gauge.

Next up, I got a nice compairison shot of the two gauges next to each other. While the SGe is smaller, its not a TON smaller than the SGII.

I'll be using the SGe in my 04 Prius. I already have a SGII in the car an will be linking the SGe to the SGII so I can use both at the same time. This is done by using the 2nd port on the SGII and using a ethernet cable to connect up to the SGE. Super nerd instrumentation!

So, this is how I have the gauges setup in the car currently. Despite the dark look of the SGII (which I've customized the display color and brightness), its still quite easy to see. The SGe in these pictures is just set to the default color/brightness. Its actually a little annoying bright when its dark out. I recommend changing it.