View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #22 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
We know there is a return with some people from a grill block
The difference is that the barriers to implementing a grill block are about non-existant. I think the first one was wet newspaper or something, any sort of material can be bodged into a grill block (of varying durability), you can prototype one with coloured duck tape, or even cram neglected beanie babies into your grill.

Quote:
So at the moment we have to say at best "maybe" or it has "potential", but on a firm this-makes-a-firm-difference basis we have to say "no".
VG's for fuel efficiency are surrounded by mystery, or bullocks if you prefer. There is no end to the number of things you could be told you are doing wrong after trying them, it isn't well defined how it is supposed to be helping car efficiency. There simply is no defined theory as it relates to efficiency or it's application. The potential here seems not worth mentioning in the "I think someone else should try this" sense, what you do with your own time is a different matter.

Quote:
@Neil - I would love to see those instructions and for someone to do some proper testing having followed them.
I'm confused, you don't think these other people did proper testing? On what basis?
Google Custom Search

Can you properly define proper testing of vortex generators? Can you also define proper testing for non-existence of invisible pink unicorns?