View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1234 View Post
Bought a partially molested/riced out Civic VX. One of several things I have to undo are the headers that were put on it. How bad is my fuel economy going to suffer with header assuming all other factors are the same?

Also, where can I buy the stock manifold and CAT?
Before you know for sure what your actual FE numbers are with the exhaust manifold and header, I wonder if you want to invest in stock items. The race mods might work well with proper driving, maybe better than stock if they are good items. A tuned exhaust manifold and muffler has the support of some on this forum as a good FE move. Any chance you could run them for a while, track FE carefully, and get a baseline on the car in current form? Or have you done that already?
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.