View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Out of the 3 of us who live in my house, I'm often the only one who drives in a day and that is only because my job is 4 miles away up and down hills.
I do use my bicycle a fair amount, just like my house mates, I even have studded tires for winter, so really we could get away with being a single car household without great impact other then we all showed up with our own vehicles and once a month or so we all head off in different directions in our cars, but if we did have a Zip Car or other car sharing service in town we would join.

I find that for non work related trips that cell phones and text messages help a lot, need something from the store? send out a text and see who else is going or who is already there, need to head to the next town over? see if that same trip is part of someone else's plan and sometimes if you think you need something from the store, just asking around will lead you to finding out that someone else already has said dohicky and that for them it's just taking up space, thus freeing up their space, your time and money all while saving gas and resources.