View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
bandit86
Master EcoModder

Buggie - '01 Vw Beetle TDI Gls
I had a 93. 4 inch body lift and 2 inch suspension lift. 33x12.5 tires on 15x10 ford f150 rims. 5.13 gears. 5 speed. If cruising around town it's a beautiful drive. The bigger tires, if you learnto drive with make the truck more comfortable and the engine rev lower. The drivetrain is unkillable. Auto hubs are awesome despite some fans claiming they are weak, I never broke one. Mpg... Not bad for an offroad truck. Had to draft 18 wheelers on the highway, Or else it was pedal to the metal. Literarily, just to keep up with traffic. Had a snore at the top of windshield, I think it helped. Compared to my v8 TransAm at the same time mileage was good even with big tires. In three years I only busted the front axle housing once. My fault. The front was really really stuck and I applied full power.

If you want to Eco mod it slap on some tall skinny tires you'll do alright. The 33 inch mud tires i ran at 16 psi Somehing skin y you could run at higher pressure the truck would like it I once got 30 mpg out of a stock 95 16valve 5speed truck racing home from2 hours away.