View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGreenAuto View Post
Car is a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid with 237k. I was getting 48.4 all day long with the factory wheels and some junk tires. Put a set of Konig Helium Ultralight rims with Zeix 512s on there. 4lbs lighter per wheel! Running 42psi front and rear. That took her to 48.8.

Also lowered it 1.3" with a set of Skunk 2 springs for another few points, currently getting 49.2mpg. And that's all without the IMA system working yet!!

Goals; get the IMA working, maybe install an MIMA, and try some LRR tires on the factory rims. Might try making a belly pan for it too, there's definately some drag on the underside where the back of the K frame is and a HUGE pocket where the muffler is.
Cool! With the IMA and summer coming... set up a fuel log and join Team Honda.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.