View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
JacobAziza
Master EcoModder

Big Orange Work Truck - '83 Ford F-250
90 day: 27.54 mpg (US)

Jessica's - '04 Toyota Matrix
90 day: 41.21 mpg (US)

Ninjette - '01 Kawasaki Ninja EX250R
I put a kill switch and remote starter on the gear shift lever

Just tapped into the ignition from behind the dash and routed the wires over to the switches, one normally closed for the kill, one normally open for the start.
Makes P&G so easy and natural that it just seems like "driving" now.
That also takes care of the danger of locking the steering wheel.

To avoid changing steering feel, remove the power steering. Actually, even if you don't ever plan to EOC, remove the power steering. PS is the stupidest most wasteful thing ever to become universal standard equipment.
To keep my brakes working I replaced the vacuum pump with an electric one.

In addition to bump starting in the highest gear, it may help to double clutch - let the clutch out just enough to get the engine going, immediately depress it fully, try to rev match with the accelerator, then let the clutch back out smoothly. It helps reduce the speed loss when you reengage the engine, decreases the jerkiness for the passengers, and reduces wear on the clutch and transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
A few months ago I returned home just as my neighbor pulled into his driveway. It was cold (around freezing) with some rain and sleet, and he yells to me: You rode your bike? In this weather?!?

So the other day we both returned home at the same time again, only now the weather is warm, sunny, with no wind. And I yell to him: You took the car? In this weather?!?

Last edited by JacobAziza; 05-08-2012 at 12:31 PM..