View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
mora
EcoModding Apprentice

Golfwagen - '89 Volkswagen Golf mk2
90 day: 107.14 mpg (US)
I've had that self-revving happen once. This was because I set throttle limits (min & max) wrong way. Min throttle was max throttle and vice versa. Your throttle calibration parameters might not be correct. Seems like you never get full throttle.

Set max battery amps to 2 and floor the throttle. Note RT (raw throttle) value. Release pedal and note that same parameter again. One should be high number and other one low. Now set these parameters as your t-max-rc and t-min-rc. You might want to leave some "slack" to both values (set parameters few units higher & lower). This ensures you always get full throttle and avoid high pedal lockout on startup. If you set these parameters (t-min-rc and t-max-rc) backwards your motor will spin on its own but it won't spin fast because of battery amp limit. Battery amp limit is set to 2 for safety. Remember to change it back to whatever you had it before when throttle is calibrated correctly.

There is no factory reset command. Every setup is different. You need to set t-min-rc, t-max-rc and bat-amps-lim. And maybe pc-time. Kp and ki after that. T-pos-gain and t-pwm-gain default to 8 and 0 if I remember right. That's a good starting point. Everything else is fine-tuning.
The Following User Says Thank You to mora For This Useful Post:
type2teach (07-22-2012)