View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 12:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tango Charlie
Deadly Efficient

Olivia - '03 Pontiac Vibe base
90 day: 36.01 mpg (US)

R2-D2 - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.81 mpg (US)
Thanks, Frank Lee. I appreciate that!

Metro, I didn't measure the angle really. Just used TLAR (That Looks About Right). I figured that it was above the bottom edge of the bumper, and would be in the wake behind the car. I wasn't thinking of installing a boat tail when I made that modification.
Some care will be taken with the 'diffuser angle' of lower skin of the T'ailer, however.

Thanks, basjoos. Spruce was one of the first places I checked, actually. I use them quite a bit in my line of work as an A&P. The local RV surplus yard was a bit cheaper than Spruce, but still more than I was willing to spend on this project.
I did consider the UV affect on Coroplast. But the T'ailer won't be installed permanently on the car. It will be used on long trips that are in my future. (I am applying with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Nampa, ID. We are scheduled to go out there in January for Candidacy. There will be several trips to Nampa and back in the next couple years. And probably a bit of travel as we raise support before we leave for overseas.) The rest of the time it will probably be hung from the garage ceiling. The wife is already cringing at what it's gonna look like.

I ordered three sheets of dark blue Coroplast from my local sign shop. They charged me 17 bucks a sheet and had them the next day. I'm impressed!

aerohead (08-04-2012), HHOTDI (12-14-2012)