View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
turbovr41991
Master EcoModder

Civic CX/HX - '97 Honda Civic CX/HX
Team Honda
90 day: 63.77 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96vtec View Post
Great to see my previous idea come to life! How does the car feel without power steering? Is it about the same with the CX engine?
Its feels like it has more power and torque. Much easier to accelerate at lower RPMs in higher gears. It also is able to maintain lean burn going up hills better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Very nice.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakins View Post
Nice dude, so really the only way to use the lean burn is to watch it with a scan gauge? Is there any way you see if it is working without one? I normally cruise at a lot less than 15% throttle. Are you supposed to give it more?
Most people can tell they go into lean burn when the car hesitates a little and becomes a sluggish on acceleration. After knowing what it feels like I can tell when it is going to do it and when it kicks out of lean burn mode, but I like having a concrete method to let me know. Others have used gauges or LED circuits to show when their VX, HX, or insight, is in lean burn mode. I might go down the path of having a green LED iluminate when in lean burn mode, but that is low on my list right now. As for the mechanics of lean burn, I can't find the link to it, but there are some really good write ups on how it works. from what I read, 15% should be fine though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakins View Post
Also one really important thing to do if you havnt already is take your fuel rail off and get to the egr and egr passage ways and unclog those holes. I literally felt like a 10 ft/lb torque gain.
Yep. I tacked that before the swap. Man it was clogged up. My ECU stopped tripping the CEL and it instantly idled better. Did not drive it much before this, so I don't have much to compare, but it feels great now.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...-hx-22824.html