View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
HUBER Advantech is an exterior-rated OSB with some impressive reports.

Nice start, DD! I had to move in the other direction with bigger rear-view mirrors and a tire change from closed-shoulder/rib, to an all-season/open-shoulder tire. But I got my bumper-plug block heater cord from GENOS via UPS, and am scouting KIMM Hotstart and ARCTIC FOX for pre-heating devices. The MOPAR winter front is soon to be ordered (The non-air-conditioned season here is about two months, so I'm not holding out great hopes of how long in the year I can use a W-F). Wish I could plug-in at work, but work hours that change daily make all of it a problem (short drive each way).

I would have thought you'd have seen a result, sooner, but it may be that the benefit is limited to a speed at which you aren't traveling very often (say 40-mph +). Time-at-top-speed-dependent, sort of.

I'm betting a full pan (no matter how crude) will show up in your careful data collection as the total length of the truck plus the other factors (height from ground, rake, open area) will have a cover make positive changes.