View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Congrats.

Can you give us some context for that number? What type of driving - city? Rural? Speeds?
Today I left the house, went .3 mile through the neighborhood. Turn left (stop sign) onto route 143 east, 4 lanes not divided for 4 miles (55 MPH). Hopped on I64 east, right lane 55-65 (65 limit) mostly 62 ish. 45 miles to Va beach and the pick and pull. Walked through there for 45 minutes and drove back. This time I hopped on the express lanes and went to Lunch in Poquoson, then drove home.
Total trip about 100 miles, average speed probably 50-52 MPH. Least number of lights possible. The guage read 3/4 when I had gone 93 miles first time, second time it read 101 or so at 3/4. With the cap it easily beat 125 at the same point. Coasting in this truck has dramatically improved. Going through the HRBT today eastbound I coasted for probably the longest distance yet and my speed actually increased from 55 to 65 in the tunnel, had to tap the breaks when I started to get too close to the car in front of me, even after shifting back from neutral to 5th.
This tank looks very promising, I will refill in the next couple of days at somewhere between 200 and 250 miles to see how much it takes. It's looking very very good right now, coasting opportunities all over the place, even the overpasses offer an opportunity to coast down the slope for several tenths of a mile while only loosing about 10 MPH (65-55). Let people merge in front of me and when the traffic is light I can even occasionally do some coast-drafting when the container haulers pass and pull over 50 feet in front of me.
Downhill coast-drafting can make me have to use 5th gear DFCO to stay a decent distance separation.
In the Fiesta under the same conditions I would probably be doing 46 MPG, maybe a little higher.
I guess if I can get that in the truck then I don't need the Fiesta.

regards
Mech

Last edited by user removed; 11-14-2012 at 03:21 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
ECONORAM (01-01-2013)