View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #37 (permalink)
ChazInMT
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Yeah, I saw the nose down nature of the beast they call Ford Ranger. I'm a believer in that we apply the template in relation to the "Ground Plane". Air don't care about the rear of a vehicle being jacked up. We move through the air parallel to the ground (99.99% of the time anyway) so if I leveled his truck it would be nose up in relation to how it really looks to the air.

I think the front tire is sitting in some deep grass too so it looks like it is angled down too because of that.

After I analyzed the thing all over I see I was off by 1° and have changed the pictures above with the new twist. I put the Template on the rims of the wheels instead this time instead of guessing at those funny looking front tires and noticed the skewage...the wheels never lie though!

Here are the 2 big pics to compare if you want, change is subtle, I moved the template a bit more forward on the second application so the top of the template was at the highest point of the truck in both images.

I felt it important to discuss this here for the benefit of anyone looking in to learn more about Template application. As always, I may be wrong and am open to discussing this, but I'm 99% sure I'm on the right track here with it all.

Original Pic

New and Improved Pic (As now shown above)