View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestclimb View Post
I don't have to find where anything says specifically that driving is a right, that's not how rights work. The BOR is not the end all be all of the list. I noted earlier the 9th amendment. It is kind of like an umbrella covering the rest of them.

What harm is it in driving unlicensed (or uninsured for that matter)? If someone did so responsibly obeyed traffic laws and had the ability to pay for any damages that they caused?

Running drunk and nekid might offend someone's sensibilities. Doing it in the streets impedes others from using the area designated for them. Which is why it is not legal in most areas. The issue with this strawman is not that he is drunk and naked, it is that the scarecrow is running through the streets. The real question is how is someone driving responsibly (even if they had no licence) interfering with anyone else's access to the area?
My mind is blown on the thought of driving without insurance. I am pretty good at controlling my car. I am not very good at controlling the car in front of me, next to me, or behind me, or the deer I can't see in the bushes, or the child behind a van, or the black ice in front of the stop sign.

I do not know of any laws that are very dangerous. Not having insurance and driving is absolutely dangerous. Like a tie rod snapping, hitting on coming traffic, and both drivers being killed.

I just can not fathom one being okay not legally driving. We really have few rights. Driving should not be one. Just because one is a living human does entitle them to drive. If it is a right, why don't five year olds get to drive?

Really, the laws are in place for a reason. The speed limits seem reasonable to me, sometimes I go a bit slower, sometimes I go faster. We all know the consequences either way.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.