View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #45 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
The trans and diff fluids are on the menu for within the next week. At 125 k the tranny downshifts fine even at speeds much higher than I would ever downshift. The problem I have is 1st to 2nd, it's hard to get it in gear, but I found if I just rev it up a little higher in 1st it works much better. I always go through the fluids in a new purchase, since they are often soo neglected. Changed to oil to 5W20 conventional for now, to see how it does on consumption, probably won't use any in 3 k miles or even longer.

a8ksh4;
I saw aeroheads rear end setup on that thread. I don't think I want to go beyond the 3 foot limit, but then I might just put a red rear cap on it if I decide to go beyond 3 feet. The member with the 04 Ranger in the link Metro posted with his mileage log was very interesting. It did seem like his tank to tank mileage figures varied quite a lot. Mine seem to be much more stable, with very little variations between tanks unless the driving conditions change considerably.

When I took the blower motor out today, I pulled the rubber hose off the brush section of the motor and used my leaf blower to blast the dust from the brushes out of the armature. The brushes had a lot of material left and everything look great, except for the rubber grommet that was inside the squirrel cage stuck between the blades and making the whole unit seriously out of balance. Probably dropped in there at the assembly line since the cowl vent has some of the smallest holes in it I have ever seen on any car or truck. Wiper linkage access panels because you can not remove the cowl top.

I'll probably top the tank off on the way home tomorrow.

regards
Mech

Last edited by user removed; 12-09-2012 at 09:42 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
radioranger (11-17-2012)