View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
VxonFumes
EcoModding Lurker

Ed - '92 Honda Civic VX
vacuum gauge with WAI...

Hello everyone. I have a 92 VX with 291,000 kms. I've only had it on the road for roughly 3000 kms, after sitting for about 3 years. I recently installed a warm air intake (WAI). Fine and good. My question involves a vacuum gauge used in conjunction with WAI. I want to install a vacuum gauge in lieu of an OBD2 port/scangauge.

But how much do you think the WAI could change the vacuum readings? WAI makes car run leaner, you have to give it slightly more gas, throttle plate opens up a little bit more, less pumping losses but less vacuum too, if throttle plate opens more. I don't know if there is any "scientific" material on this, but wondered if anyone with experience with both at the same time know how much this might throw out the vacuum gauge readings?

Secondly, under the 65+ Efficiency Mods link, one of the mods is a lean-burn led for these type engines. There is a link there but it doesn't work. I would love to have a lean-burn LED light up when the lean-burn engages. Any other working links or info? Or DIY instructions?

Thanks for your time!