View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #45 (permalink)
wyatt
EcoModder

Big Salsa - '04 Toyota Sienna LE

Silver - '10 Toyota Prius III
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Any chance you have a pic of the aftermarket wheels?
Sorry for the delay. I have remembered to do this at the least opportune times .

I got a picture today of the Prius with new 2010 rims parked in one of the two LEV (Low Emission Vehicle) parking spots in this parking lot. Yes, that's right, if you drive a hybrid, and you are at work early enough, you can park right up next to the door. In the summer I tend to park in the shade and walk, but in the fall/winter/spring, a toasty car is welcome .

This is what it looked like before the rim-swap. I know the rolling resistance is better and the aero is better, but it doesn't stop me from wanting to get some aluminum pizza pans... I am thinking they would be super easy to attach to the hub caps. I was also thinking that if they are attached to hub caps and I put ventilation holes in them, it should be easy to swap the hub caps around when rotating tires. "Directional hub caps?" you say? YES! I am thinking something along the lines of the rims on the FT-Bh, only with fewer openings (probably 5 to match the 5 openings in the rims as they are today...)