View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
rattroddrebel
research hiatus

Sorry guys I guess I did not give enough information about the product. I am the type that tries every new fuel additive on the market based on the claims on the can. Since I am a mechanic and have been for 10+ years, I see what happens to today's fuels and what it does to engines when folks just go to the most convenient cheapest gas station. I have been on the phone with every supplier in my area, and not one gas station can tell me what the chemical difference between 87 octane fuel and 91 octane fuel is. I know the answer but the persons selling it do not, that makes me uneasy.
I came to this website a couple of days ago, and I see there is alot of resistance to new ideas. I am here to share my knowledge with everyone, show all of you what works and what does not. I did not expect terms like "30 more miles per tank is not significant" type responses. The product I was speaking of is $12 a bottle, works for 4000 miles, cleans intakes and fuel injectors. I have enough documentation to support the claim. I could not do the same thing this product does unless I take the engine apart and clean it manually.

The concept is that if your using cheap gas, the residue sticks to aluminum surfaces like glue. The last intake manifold gasket I did required the aluminum intake to be soaked in degreaser for 3 days! It was a 1/4 inch of crap stuck to it! Almost every car has that. The motor oil viscosity is relevant, tires, wind, etc.

I want to apologize now for me not explaining my stance enough, it would seem that my 10 GB of text on data about all fuel additives since the 1960's needs to be adressed. I will be more clear in further posts, I am used to being asked questions daily but people who do not understand half of what I am talking about, I am now amongst people of higher knowledge about fuel efficiency, and look forward to debates.

For the record for me to thoroughly explain my position, when challenged my responses are lengthy the reason being I feel I should thoroughly explain my position, I apologize if it is too long to read that's why it was posted in a new thread to get some ideas from other members.

In closing I wanted to explain one more thing. Why do we mod our cars for fuel economy? Is it a game? Are we tired of paying high gas prices? If gas was $1.00 a gallon would we still mod? I ask myself these questions, I want to get the highest gas mileage possible. My individual testing involves 3 cylinders, 4 cylinders, 6 cylinders, v8's, v10's and diesels. If my goal is to make improvements to any vehicle for fuel economy, reach the ultimate peak I can, i mean as much as Physics and engineering go, then I have to reverse engineer to make these mods work at higher speeds, and make wind, rain, and temperature irrelevant. I look at it like "world changing" rather than something I can do in my spare time. I have mechanical engineering knowledge, chemistry, organic chemistry, welding, fiberglass, bodywork, aerodynamic studies, and physics knowledge in my corner. I should have explained that. Sorry guys.

One final note, if a vehicle gets 300 miles on a tank of gas, 15 mpg, I introduce a product that works for 4000 miles, and I have a 20 gallon tank, thats 13.33 tanks of gas. The product claims up to 5.7% better fuel economy in that duration. But let's figure you get a 2% increase in that 4000 miles for spending $12.00 on said product. We multiply a 20 gallon tank by 13.33 tanks which equates to 266.6 gallons. At $3.00 per gallon that is $799.80. If I get 30 more miles per tank, 266.6*2%=5.332 gallons saved. 5.332*3.00 per gallon is 15.996, justifies the purchase. It may seem insignificant but over the course of 4000 miles 30 more miles per tank on a v6 is substantial. I estimated at 2% because that counters wind, traffic, etc. 30 more miles per tank consistently, is 399 more miles out of the car in 4000 miles. I think it matters, of course in conjunction with other mods like driving slower this number would increase. I think it warrants mention. Thanks for listening.

crouching tiger hidden dragon