View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Varn
Do more with less

OD - '05 Ford Econoline
90 day: 18.64 mpg (US)

Joetta - '86 Volkswagen Jetta Turbo Oil Burner
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.71 mpg (US)

Benzilla - '85 Mercedes Benz 300D
90 day: 28.08 mpg (US)
Thanks but... I already have wheels and they're paid for, could never make up the difference in fuel.

By the time we add adapters they would be heavier and less controllable on some of our typically bad roads.

Thanks for thinking of it though.

I am one of those guys who, I think, understands economy and conserving costs. It makes no sense for me to purchase a 20-30,000 economy vehicle. Can never make up the difference. My insurance is 300 a year. License is 24 a year. Personal property tax is 50 a year, It is based on the value of the vehicle here.

I have had my VW 2 years. It is getting over 50 mpg cost was less than 2000. I have put a new set of tires on it and a fan belt. It is going to be at least another 2 years before I can get even on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnClark View Post
Varn,

another aero mod you might consider is getting the 87 300SDL style rims. I think you might need a spacer to get the correct offset.

http://shop.wheelsrims.net/images/pr.../aly65139u.jpg

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe.

The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed.”

Noah Webster, 1787