View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #176 (permalink)
TheEnemy
The road not so traveled

The Truck - '99 Nissan Frontier xe
90 day: 25.74 mpg (US)

The Ugly Duck - '84 Jeep CJ7 Rock crawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Which is why your arguments are, quite honestly, verging on the ridiculous. We have an observed phenomenon, the increase in atmospheric CO2 due to human activity. We used science to predict, long before it happened, that this increase would cause warming. You admit that the warming is happening, just as predicted, yet you try to claim that it's caused by something else entirely. Why?

To make it even more ridiculously obvious that the denialist community in general just isn't at all interested in science, they attribute this warming (when they don't claim it isn't happening at all) on changes in everything from solar output to cosmic rays, all of which have been shown not to have changed.
Baloney, I have linked NASA doccuments confirming that yes solar output has increased. The IPCC has even acnowledged that solar output has increased. I have calculated the energy from solar forcing to within the IPCC error bounds ON THIS THREAD. I haven't ever even said that CO2 doesn't cause warming. The only thing I have argued is how much is natural and how much is caused by us. To listen to you we are responsible for 100% of the warming, but I don't know of any climate scientist who make that claim.

Heck I even supported changing away form oil, but for other reasons and said so ON THIS THREAD. You two ignore 90% of what I have to say and then argue whatever point meets your fancy.

I am still waiting on Neil to give the link to that one chart that I called him out on, I have a strong susspicion that it was fabricated (possibly without his knowlege) and posted as factual.

I mostly kept arguing the science, all I got back was propaganda and politics, why?