View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #62 (permalink)
beatr911
Master EcoModder

B2300 - '96 Mazda B2300 SE

Focus - '05 Ford Focus ST

The red car - '00 Honda Insight
As a comparison, consider the airtech fairing that Fred uses. LANDSPEED, LAND SPEED RACING, SALT RACER, BONNEVILLE, EL MIRAGE, FAIRING, SEAT, FENDER, SCTA, CESSNA, WHEEL PANTS COVER, 170,172,175 His is the GSXR Sidecar unit, or derivitive thereof.

The front is $2000 and the rear is $2000. Then comes mounting. fitment of lights, license, etc, paint if you want. And it doesn't have nearly as much room inside the still air pocket as the Vetter design. You need to be in a crouch to make it work really well.

So $2000 doesn't seem so bad for a kit with all the hard to make parts already done. It's still steep for what people are considering an economy minded bike and will just about double the investment of the original bike it will likely be installed on. I think that is where alot of people choke.

That said, how else are you going to get a durable, light nose cone, clean up the front and set-up the rear of a bike for less? Maybe the rear could be done less, but I don't know what the a-la-carte pricing is.

My personal plan is still a feet forward alligator-style efi 250cc single. Somehow, it will need aero bodywork to be complete. Realistically, a cut down Vetter kit is probably the best way to do it that I can see, even at $2000.

Last edited by beatr911; 12-04-2012 at 02:23 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to beatr911 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-30-2013)