View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #35 (permalink)
WesternStarSCR
Busting Knuckles Often

Blue Maxx - '04 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT
Team Chevy
90 day: 26.96 mpg (US)

Tink's Van - '08 Chrysler Town & Country Touring
90 day: 19.09 mpg (US)

2004 5 Speed Goldrolla - '04 Toyota Corolla CE
Team Toyota
90 day: 36.3 mpg (US)
Yeah I know, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
the questions you raise have been debated and dissected pretty thoroughly before on the forum.
Hi Frank, the one I read yesterday was shut down by daox earlier this year, since it was getting between a flame battle between a couple of guys...

daox wanted to keep people focused on ecomodding, not the bigger questions of our time, which is fair for this forum...

But I threw my questions out there because I never saw a conclusion. It was one guy saying, deal with it, buy a newer used car that can handle E-10, and the other guy saying, why should I have to... ethanol is bad for X, Y and Z reasons beyond his older cars.

But there was no rebuttal that was disproving the big picture concerns. Then thread was locked.

So, I am dealing with it, of course. But curious, none the less, about the bigger picture that remains unanswered as to WHY ethanol is a fuel that makes sense vs petroleum, if the cost is somewhat reduced food supply (if that is even true; I don't know, hence my curiosity).

Back on topic now.
Gonna make sure I stay informed if E15 becomes avaialble, to steer people clear of it unless their car manufacturer says it is OK for their year & model.