View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #56 (permalink)
chito
EcoModding Lurker

I agree with rattroddrebel on using better gas. I work as a courier in my own car. I drive from my city to another about 100 miles away make deliveries and come back. I use to fill up at the cheapest gas station I could find for 5yrs. The most my car would give my was 260 mile a tank. Then I decided to try a more expensive gas station. I used the same grade just better brand. From that day on I was getting 340 miles a tank. I've been buying that brand for 6yrs now. I have told my co-workers and friends. All the couriers in the company now avoid the cheap stuff. Even my friends that dont drive much have reported gains. Not every one makes a science out of fuel savings. Most every day people usually meassure by how many miles they get out of a tank. Its not a bad thing either. Most people have the same route to and from work. So if they notice they are filling up less and seeing more miles on there trip meter for that tank with out changing their everyday routine. Then saying "I get more miles to the tank" is an ok form of measure. It's funny cause I meet people with the same model of car and everytime we talk about gas prices they all say they get about 260m a tank. I tell them I would get the same untill I tried better gas. Next time I see them they all say I was right. I just found this site and hope to learn a lot more from you guys.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chito For This Useful Post:
mcrews (12-07-2012), RH77 (12-08-2012), WesternStarSCR (12-07-2012)