View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
greasemonkee
EcoModding Apprentice

1st gen Odyssey project

I've gone from my 60mpg civic hatch to running a 95 odyssey for work. It was disappointing getting the news, but due to a route and cargo change the civic seldom gets driven and now run an Odyssey converted to a cargo van. Right now with a 1000 mile weekly run, the pig consumes $126/week at 26.5 mpg carrying about 700 lbs of cargo. The goal is 32 mpg which frees up $22 a week. However, every mod I do must pay for itself in 6 months or it's not worth it to me.

I've got two 4x8 sheets of coroplast on hand and will be starting with rear wheel skirts and panels which will cover the trailing edge of the front wheel and terminate at the rear most point of the vehicle tapering off at the correct angle.

Wheel skirt skeleton is complete

I am uncertain how much angle to put on the trailing edge of the rear wheel to the rear bumper. Hopefully the coroplast will have enough strength to hang 4-5 inches from the ground. 65 mph will be the max speed.

???

Tips, advise, thoughts are always welcome. This thing is gonna be a lot tougher than a civic.

Last edited by greasemonkee; 12-08-2012 at 11:14 PM..