View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #315 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
But I also am experiencing greatly increased rolling friction attended by front end bearing noise cause I think by one or both hub bearing units and unfortunately maybe also a transfer bearing in my 200,000+ mile transmission. Further diagnostics and preventative maintanence are in my plans, but this is my daily driver, and the days are short and colder and rainier. Soon...
I need a few service items as well. Input shaft bearing is dying on my tranny (I've got a new rebuilt tranny for it, I just need to swap) and I have some clunks in the suspension I need to sort out.

Same deal, it's my daily driver, so I can't justify tearing it apart right now.

I did just take it in for a recall (airbag) and their "inspection" revealed a bad timing belt, and some bushings in the lower control arms that need to be replaced. They didn't notice the glaring issue of the tranny and supposedly set my tires all to 32psi (they were at 44,44,35, and 16 - slow leak) and they told me the timing belt needed to be replaced because all the markings on the back of the belt wore off and the belt looked aged. Of course, the only way to inspect is to pull the cam cover off, which requires removing the valve cover and there are no signs that this was done.

*sigh*

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods