View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
greasemonkee
EcoModding Apprentice

Well you win some, you lose some. I know it is really a bit premature to tell with precision, but between the two mods I saw a 2 mpg gain. Now this would be fine, but for the $38 a month to be saved it just wasn't worth it to deal with these country backwoods folk who stop what they're doing to stare 5 minutes with beechnut running down the chin before walking up to say - what's the purpose of all that? Not to mention the ricer punks who think I've tried to make a race car and nearly twist their neck off while laughing (and probably involuntarily urinating in the seat) as they pass.

I removed everything today and pondered over the front air dam a bit. Since it serves as a grill block I shortened it and reinstalled.

So if a number had to be put on the mods, what I saw was approximately 1 mpg for the side/wheel skirts and 1 mpg for the air dam/grill block.

It seemed as though my VX responded so much better to slight mods, but after all this thing isn't far from a brick running down the road.

Perhaps within the upcoming year the F23 engine with roller rocker arms and 3 valve mode is worth pursuing for a healthier, quieter, and more economical engine.

Thanks for the help guys.