View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 02:09 AM   #502 (permalink)
wmjinman
Master EcoModder

Jimmy - '00 GMC Jimmy SLT
90 day: 21.18 mpg (US)

The White Gnat - '99 Suzuki Swift
Team Suzuki
90 day: 51.87 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus View Post
Question to the members of this forum. Would one of you please read my posts (yes including the unfortunate duplication) and then tell me where this system does NOT work.

My test was conducted on a straight forward basis........like with like..
I drove to a station appx 1km from freeway entrance (my test was principally to find fuel consumption at highway speed) Fuelling was done very slowly to allow foaming to stop and to within 1" of the top..........the with the HHO system engaged a closed loop was driven returning to the same station and the same pump. Odometer reading and refill in the same manner to within that 1" of the top.......then the HHO system shut down the same run was performed. ........returned to the same station same pump and topped up again. The results were noted in the posting 8,8km per liter w/HHO..........6,2km per liter running diesel only. What else do the "experts" want ? As I mentioned my principal interest was to limit the emissions....that already made me happy. The rest is bonus
Wow, I think this is the first time I've ever read of someone actually carefully testing one of these things and having it actually work!! On a diesel, no less! I didn't even know they could work on diesels at all.

And this is the type of electrolysis hydrogen generator that runs off the car's electrical system, right? And then dumps both the hydrogen and oxygen produced into the engine to burn?

Just curious; how far (long) was your test loop, and/or how many gallons were being used each time? And, did you test it repeatedly, or just the one time? In other words, were the 8.8 and 6.2 figures an average of several runs, or a single "before & after" test?