View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #505 (permalink)
gus
EcoModding Lurker

My reply will likely be several posts in order to cover most of question/comments.
The unit is contained in a box and is fixed with quick connections to be able to be moved if required.
The cell, split into 2 halves, consists of 1+ 4 neutral 1-..1+ 4 neutral 1- Appx 5"x 6" encased to prevent anything contacting the metal plates and cause a short or?
5 qt reservoir plus filtration unit w/5 micron water filter element (walmart) there is a tiny circulating pump which is in full time operation also helps with the cooling. Distilled water/ Sodium Hydroxide. Digital amp meter. PWM. Electronic control unit to enable half of the cell to be triggered by throttle control. (foot off the gas HHo off) The other half of the unit comes on when engine fires and remains on until shut down or manually switched off. On the dash there is a switch for each of the halves to manually control. In addition there is a relay indicator light as relays have been known to fail.
The gas is routed through a bubbler (regular tap water plus some methyl hydrate to prevent freezing. (the other is fine in our winters)
At idle we need 10amps appx. at 2800rpm's (100km/h appx) we need a combined 30amps.
My alternator (stock 70amps) is not putting out enough causing a gradual discharging of the battery. I will actually have a 120amp alternator installed tomorrow. The van is a Japan domestic unit therefore nothing stock is available.
We believe that the system as designed for this engine cannot produce any better results without getting into injection pump mods. and of course much more output of HHO. The improvements are basically just burning the fuel completely which formerly went out of the exhaust pipe. (or in gas engines through the cat to be burned off)
There are, by the way, other safety features besides the bubbler. We have a flash back arrester just before the gas enters the air filter.Another one way valve designed to allow any gas in the line to drain in case of a shutdown.