View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #506 (permalink)
gus
EcoModding Lurker

Answering JWJINMAN.......Yes indeed Diesels are in fact easier to adapt to as the rapid burn of the HHO gas actually makes the engine run cooler. I must say though, the new diesels are running in much the same manner as gas engines and will require all sorts of tweaking to fool the computers. Maybe you have noticed how popular the old Mercedes Mod. 123 diesels are. Nothing but the turbo to deal with. The engine in this Japanese van being from 1991 is also very simple. I mentioned in my earlier post that I wanted primarily to push less crap into the atmosphere and that I have achieved massively.
As far as the test, I was interested in finding out how well the system works on highway driving. That particular run was only about 48km. I have tried several other times to achieve a test over 300 plus km, sadly each time something interfered.
We seem to have all the bugs out of the system now and tomorrow I will have a much larger capacity alternator installed and after that I will make another run.
I would never claim anything other than what I said I fuelled. One must not forget that distilled water is not free, nor is the filter, but that is getting into costs etc
I only reported what we found the day the runs were done.
Next year when my plate renewal comes up I will have the official emissions test done by the Govt of B.C. The comparisons with the prev. 6 years will be intersting
Hope that answers some of your questions