View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #508 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by suspectnumber961 View Post
You need to understand that you won't satisfy some on this forum who get their "kicks" from dumping on things like HHO. A 40% mpg gain is nothing to sneeze at.

I wondering if you would describe your system? Number of plates and how you manage to vary the amps used. How does it deal with Canadian winters?
I get no "kicks" out of rejecting HHO as a potential mileage enhancement. Quite the contrary, I wanted to buy a system and actually rode around with two gents for 6 hours one day, giving them help with roads and routes and watching their system in operation.
Coincidentally, after some time they told me about their greatest hurdle, which was the Commonwealth of Virginia requiring them to have each vehicle tested to insure it did not violate the emissions requirements it had to pass when new. They told me the testing was very expensive, SO THEY WERE JUST DEALING WITH OLD DIESELS WHICH DID NOT HAVE TO PASS EMISSIONS TESTS.
There were some of their customers who told me personally about some significant mileage increases, but under careful scruitny, I found the same old story of poorly maintained vehicles that probably could have much benefited from some simple maintenance and a proper diesel tune up.
Why you think you should be in a knowledge position to ever assume anything about how I research anything myself, is beyond incredulous.

regards
Mech