View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #509 (permalink)
gus
EcoModding Lurker

Reply To IAMIAN ....... I will try to answer your questions as best possible as my friend who took notes is in San Diego CA for the winter.
I believe the loop was 48km. Speed posted on that stretch of freeway 100km/h I find that i drive best using rpm's. 2800 being the best for this engine, which interprets to appx 98/100km/h. I hope you don't expect me to tell you that I ran the distance locked onto that speed. I was lucky being mid morning on a sunday that we were able to get two runs in without a tie up. for me to get a "relatively" speedy run over longer distances I would have to head across the US border towards Seattle and then perhaps there will be a stretch with light traffic.
Temp: My gauge only reads operating temp or lower.
You will note that I made no claims, as so many do, "my car/truck did this or that before". I don't make any claims now, other than the findings we reported.
The internet is full of claims of huge fuel savings. Generally speaking it just is not possible to get more power out than the unburned portion of the fuel without redesigning the whole injection system while at the same time producing hugely more HHO. That then creates the problem of Amps, where do you get them from. So, yes these systems work primarily to produce less emissions and in so doing save some fuel by burning what normally would exit via the exhaust pipe. Provided the system is designed to work with the engine it is attached to. We will try to get another test in the near future. For my own information we will do it in the same manner as it is not possible without masses of testing equipment to do any better. My intent was to show my test results. There are enough people with funny hats or mustaches on the internet claiming this or that. I got ticked off when someone says "does not/cannot work" I made no claims other than what I experienced after installing this system
Governments are quiet about it because on the one hand they want to see less emissions but don't like to see the tax revenues diminish. (read somewhere that the city of Seattle is thinking to tax electric vehicles to make up shortfall )