View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
lowglider
EcoModding Apprentice

Diabla - '09 Renault Laguna Hatchback
It`s nice to read people`s opinion across the Atlantic, here in Europe we face very similar problems like yours.

The thing is, Chinese labour is not nearly as cheap as it used to be, for instance in Shanghai the minimum monthly salary is around 200 dollars. I know it still sounds silly for us, but in other Asian countries where the workforce is also productive, you can easily get manufacturing workers for 35 USD per month. What this has done is that in recent years even the Chinese have started outsourcing.

As for the comparison to our countries, there is hardly any. China has 1.3 billion people, India has 1.2 billion. To try to compete with their workforces on pure manual labor manufacturing would be delusional, our economies can only survive on intelligent ingenuity and we must force our governments to start providing a good atmosphere for innovative businesses.
Although many do not agree with it, I strongly approve the loan the US government gave to Tesla Motors, they probably wouldn`t have survived without it and now look at the world changing potential the Model S has, I hope they make even better models in the future.