View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
a8ksh4
B.O. Zen

Pickup - '99 Toyota Tacoma 2wd, Regular Cab, Short Bed
90 day: 34.62 mpg (US)
I never got really good at taking notes in college, either. My handwriting has always been bad, except for numbers and equations, and I started taking notes on my computer in 2000 when I was in high school. That was good, as I can type fast and never had to miss anything, but I never went back and read any of them again, either. :P

Here are a couple ideas I have for you:

In your math and science classes, what you might try doing is to create programs that handle all of the equations and concepts that you have to use in the class. This is how I originally learned programming and it's how I was able to engage my brain to make sure I understood everything that we did in class. Since the TI calculators are usually allowed everywhere, they're a good platform to use for this.

In other classes where you have trouble taking notes and getting everything that's said, see if you can get copies of notes from a classmate. Tell your instructor(s) that you're having a prob following along and taking notes, and they should be able to help coordinate this.

+1 for going to the library to do homework. Get rid of the distractions!